Langley, British Columbia
The Place To Be
Welcome to the City of Langley – a unique urban community that incorporates parks and greenspace with a pedestrian-friendly downtown core that is sure to entice visitors and residents alike!
We welcome you to “Discover Langley” on the following pages, which include virtual tours of our parks and trails, neighbourhood profiles and much more.
You’ll soon see why Langley is “the Place to Be” ... for work, for business, and for life.
The Township of Langley is located in the southwest corner of the province of British Columbia, Canada. We are 45 kilometres (28 miles) east of the City of Vancouver in the beautiful agriculture-rich Fraser Valley. The Trans-Canada Highway runs through it, dissecting the northern part of the municipality from the south.
The northern municipal boundary is the Fraser River; the southern boundary is the United States border. Our western neighbours are the City of Surrey and the City of Langley; our eastern neighbour is the City of Abbotsford. The western boundary is 196 Street (except where bordered by the City of Langley); the eastern boundary is 276 Street.
The municipality was incorporated in Fort Langley in 1873 and is known as the "Birthplace of BC." A community unlike any other, the Township of Langley is a place where the rich heritage of the past is combined with a vibrant vision for the future. Rural beauty is complemented by an energetic urban atmosphere. The municipality has a land mass of 316 square kilometres (122 square miles) and a population of approximately 113,000.
Langley - Parks & Recreation
- RecExpress Online Registration: Sign up and pay online for Township programs, lessons, and other classes.
- Drop-In Programs: View schedules, fees, and payment options for drop-in programs at all facilities that do not require advance registration.
- Recreation and Community Centres: Get information on locations, amenities, services, and rental options.
- Parks and Amenities: Access field status reports, maps, and amenities listings for all parks, pools, fields, and more.
- Trails and Cycling Routes: Explore the many Township trails and cycling routes.
- Langley Centennial Museum and Exhibition Centre: Plan a trip to the educational site and visit their website to see what exhibitions are taking place.
- Volunteer with us: Give back to your community. Apply for volunteering opportunities with the Recreation, Culture, and Parks Division today.